Sunday, January 16, 2005

Flight 93 Memorial Competition

PowerSquare Design entered the design competition for a national memorial for the passengers and crew of flight 93. Kathy and I worked on the competition board until 6 am last Sunday night to get it done. It was our first all-nighter since college. It was very satisfying to try to offer the surviving family members and our country something back for what they have done for us. Ever since 9/11, I've felt the desire to do something...I gave serious thought to enlisting or becoming an air marshall, but my age, past health issues and my young family put an end to that.

So using the talent that God gave me, this competition was a way of paying tribute to the men and women who gave their lives for their country on that day.

You can read here to get more information on the competition. They are going to start posting the design entries at this site on January 19. Stage 1 of the competition is anonymous, so you won't be able to tell which entry is mine.

1 Comments:

At January 24, 2005 at 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Jim, can you give a hint as to which one is yours? I would like to know but, I understand if you are keeping it a secret. Please? Rene' :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home